News & Accomplishments
from nVision Reporting to EBI Transition
In 2012, the Finance Division implemented Emory Business Intelligence (EBI) as an enterprise reporting solution to improve data consistency and consolidated reporting. Part of the initiative to recognize EBI as the single source of truth included replicating all nVision reports into EBI, which was completed in 2014.
With this in mind, the Finance Division is in the process of assisting nVision users to completely transition to EBI for their reporting needs. Only Healthcare Users and University Controllers' Office users will continue to have access to nVision reports in the Compass Production environment.
The timeline to remove nVision access from both RPT and FSPROD is scheduled for Monday, April 23, 2018.
What's Not Changing
- You will be able to access queries (including private queries) in the Compass Production environment.
- You will be able to access SQR reports in the Compass Production environment.
What You Need to Do
- Complete the Basic Navigation course for EBI, if you don't already have access. How to Launch the Course
- Watch the following recording for more details about the change: Important Information about Reporting
- Review the nVision/EBI Crosswalk
- Review a list of the current EBI Reports
- Explore the EBI website to become familiar with available resources
If you have questions or need additional information, please log a ticket with the Finance Support Center and select Emory Business Intelligence as the Category.
EBI System Off-Line Schedule
To address database conflicts and data integrity issues which periodically occur when users access the EBI system during the nightly and weekend data loads, we are taking the EBI system off-line during the update process. Off-line times are as follows:
- Monday through Saturday: 1:30 am ‐ 6:00 am (for incremental loads)
- Sunday: 1:30 am - 12:00 pm (for full loads)